Over the last decade, the internet has churned out the kind of quirky, bold, unusual, and intelligent content that has made binge-watching our favourite millennial activity. So here’s our pick of the best Hindi-language web series from the last decade: A web series is a series of scripted or non-scripted online videos, generally in episodic form, released on the Internet and part of the web television medium, which first emerged in the late 1990s and became more prominent in the early 2000s.
Asur:- Asur is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language crime thriller web series directed by Oni Sen and produced by Tanveer Bookwala for the video on demand platform Voot. The series stars Arshad Warsi and Barun Sobti. The series is set in current times and revolves around serial killings. Such a mind blowing thriller web series of indian history.
2. Mirzapur:- Akhandanand Tripathi made millions exporting carpets and became the mafia boss of Mirzapur. His son Munna, an unworthy, power-hungry heir, stops at nothing to continue his father’s legacy. A shockingly violent revenge drama, Mirzapur became much more than a tale of guns and curses because of its unexpected plot twists and fleshed out characters. And while Pankaj Tripathi’s ability to nail a layered character was never in question, Ali Fazal and Divyendu Sharma’s performances were a pleasant surprise indeed.
3. Kota factory :- India’s first black-and-white web series presented a hilariously honest story of the infamous coaching institutes of Kota, and the rat race to clear engineering examinations. With refreshing characters (Jeetu Bhaiya) and relatable dialogues, the series was a reminder of our school friendships and the fear of entrance examinations.
4. Panchayat :- Panchayat is a comedy-drama, which captures the journey of an engineering graduate Abhishek, who for lack of a better job option joins as secretary of a panchayat office in a remote village of Uttar Pradesh. Streaming on Amazon prime.
5. The family man :- Srikant Tiwari(Manoj bajpaee) is a middle-class man who also serves as a world-class spy. Srikant tries to balance his familial responsibilities with the demands of the highly secretive special cell of the National Intelligency Agency that he is working for.
6. Jamtara, sabka Number aayega:-
A group of small-town young men run a lucrative phishing operation, until a corrupt politician wants in on their scheme — and a cop wants to fight it.
Cast:Amit Sial,Dibyendu Bhattacharya,Aksha Pardhasany
7. Secret game :-
A link in their pasts leads an honest cop to a fugitive gang boss, whose cryptic warning spurs the officer on a quest to save Mumbai from cataclysm. Bollywood icons Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui star in this dark thriller series based on Vikram Chandra’s novel.
Starting :-Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Pankaj Tripathi, Kalki Koechlin.
8. Inside edge :- combination of cricket and entertainment, the result rarely, if ever disappoints. And so was the case with Inside Edge, which was a gritty take on the politics of the game. The show’s strength lay in its characters, who allowed you to get engrossed in the story, even when your interest in the game was minimal.
9. Rangbaaz :- Shiv Prakash Shukla, a 25 year old boy from Gorakhpur becomes the deadliest gangsters of Uttar Pradesh in 1990s. He works for powerful politicians and is involved in organized crimes.this web series based on true event.
10. College romance:– Three best friends look for love, laughs and some lifelong memories while attending college together. A good Comedy drama and romantic web series available on YouTube.