Sushant Singh Rajput’s death by suicide has stirred up a storm in the otherwise glitzy and glamorous world of Bollywood. Since his untimely demise on June 14, actors and directors closest to him have spoken up about how SSR was ‘let down’ on several instances in his career. While some blamed the nexus, others alleged nepotism as the reason why the actor lost out on film projects.There were reports according to which the Bollywood star was banned by some big production houses including producers such as K. Johar, Aditya Chopra, Salman Khan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, etc. Some video clips of old videos are also going viral on social media platforms in which top listers or the star kids are seen making fun of Sushant during a talk show or at other events.
We have drawn the list of Bollywood films for which Sushant Singh was approached but he was not finalised due to various reasons. Take a look.
1 .Raam Leela.
Over the past month since the actor’s passing, it was even revealed that Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s hugely successful ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela – Ram Leela’. Sushant was the clear-cut first choice of the ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for his movie Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela but owing to Sushant tie-up with YashRaj Films, he was unable to sign Bhansali Later, Ranveer Singh was offered the role.
2. Half Girlfriend
Did you know that ‘Half Girlfriend’ was among the many films Sushant Sing Rajput was supposed to be a part of? Over the past days, fans had been circulating Chetan Bhagat’s tweet from 2015 which announced Sushant as the lead actor for the film adaptation of the author’s book. Sushant Singh left the movie as the dates of Half-Girlfriend were clashing with that of his new film produced by Dinesh Vijan. However, the film later went on to star Arjun Kapoor. While fans have been crying foul and claiming nepotism as the reason for the replacement, Sushant had actually set the record straight saying that he had signed a Dinesh Vijan film long before Half Girlfriend owing to some confusion, he was told both films could be shot simultaneously. However as both films had to be shot a particular month, he opted out of the romantic drama as he has committed to Vijan 1st..
3. RAW (Romio Akbar Walter).
Another project that Sushant Singh Rajput “shocked” makers when he opted out of the project was the thriller ‘Romeo Akbar Walter’. Although now added in John Abraham’s list of successful films, Earlier, there were several reports and speculations that Sushant Singh Rajput was to play the lead role in Romeo Akbar Walter. Director Ajay Kapoor also said that the dates Sushant had given were clashing with another film. Later, actor John Abraham was finalised for the role. Reports claimed that the actor’s calendar was working with a full calendar and asked for his schedule to be divided into 15-day schedules contrary to the two 30-day schedules that were required to complete the shoot.
Fitoor was initially offered to Sushant Singh Rajput. Abhishek Kapoor, who is the director of one of the most underrated movies Fitoor, had worked with SSR’s launch Kai Po Che. Needless to say, Sushant let go of the movie because of his hectic schedule and eventually, the role was offered to Aditya Roy Kapoor. While ‘Fitoor’ went on to feature Katrina Kaif and Aditya Roy Kapur in lead roles, Sushant reunited with the director in ‘Kedarnath’.
Sushant Singh and Vani Kapoor were in Shudh Desi Romance which was directed under the banner of YRF (YashRaj Films), with the film Befikre and Aditya Chopra wanted to recreate the same feel to the fans. Aditya also wanted to see this jodi again on the big screen. Later, he decided to cast Ranveer Singh to play the role in the movie.